New Cashless System
We are delighted to announce that Dyffryn is installing a new cashless system in April this year. Benefits include:
- Facility to pay online
- Reduces the need to carry cash, preventing loss
- Increased speed of service in the canteen, reducing queuing times
- Anonymity of Free School Meals
- Automatic allergy alerts for pupils
- Students learn about monitoring their own accounts.
Three options for payment are available to you:-
- Online payments
- Pay Points at local stores in your area
- Coin and note payments at the pay points in Upper and Lower School
We will commence operating the system on Monday 18th April and as such no cash will be accepted at the till points after this date.
- If you wish to use the online payment facility, which can be used to upload money onto your child’s account for school meals and also for trips and excursions, please see the personalised letter attached. Any amount of money can be paid into a pupil’s account, and any money spent on food and drink will be deducted on a daily basis.
- In order for your child to use the canteen facilities it is necessary for you to complete the attached form which gives consent for your child to be registered on the Biometric Database. Please return this consent by Thursday, 24th March, 2015.
An opportunity for parents to discuss and ask further questions about the new system has been arranged for Tuesday, 22nd March, at 6 p.m. in the Upper School Hall.
Nationwide Payment System Guide and Consent Form
Headteacher: Mr. Martin Grimes
Bertha Road, Port Talbot,
01639 760110 (Upper)
01639 760111 (Fax)